It has been 29 years to the day that I was born, here I am fresh out my Mom's womb.
Laying there probably thinking wth am I? What am I doing here? Where is here? What's going on?
Or maybe I'm just wondering what's that squishy thing in my diaper.
Either way, don't worry Sara, you'll figure that out all in good time.
Birthdays are always a time of reflection. This year I am 29 years old. 10 years ago I was 19 years old which I consider the age that I really started "life".
So if 29 year old Sara could hit up 19 year old Sara in a email here are 29 things I would tell myself.
- You feel like shit because you're treating yourself like shit.
- Happiness is not something you magically find, it's something you create. I know it sounds cliche and lame but it's true.
- Self-awareness is EVERYTHING, don't ignore who you are
- Be who you really are, embrace it fully
- There's no such thing as being an "adult" and having it all figured out.
- You're going to feel better at 29 than at 19- if you take care of yourself age really is just a number
- Start making goals and working on self improvement asap
- Love yourself
- 30 is not "old" 40 is not "old" 50 is not "old". You're not really "old" until you see yourself as old.
- Travel more in your 20's. Save the money, plan it and just fucking do it.
- Invest in Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Bit Coin
- Stop being such a picky freaking eater
- The sooner you stop smoking cigarettes, drinking and partying the better
- Just because you always have good intentions doesn't mean other people do too
- Don't take yourself too seriously
- Do what is going to make you happy, not your parents
- Spend more time with your loved ones
- It's safe to let people in and love them
- Yeah your 19 but you still don't know shit and will NEVER know all
- Be patient, life is a marathon.. not a sprint
- It is okay to fail, its okay to not be perfect, its okay
- Just because you have the best intentions doesn't mean they do too.
- Once you stop looking for a boyfriend, learn to love yourself and be okay with being alone he's going to come along.
- Shitty shit has happened to you in the past and it's going to happen to you in the future. The only thing you can control is how you react to it and what you learn from it.
- Get rid of your limiting beliefs, you really can create your own reality.
- People are mean and nasty because of problems they have with themselves. Hurt people hurt people. Loved people love people.
- Just because they love you doesn't mean they won't drag you down.
- Don't be a lazy stoner
- One day you'll look back and it will all make sense.
I would tell you more but that would ruin the fun, so we will just leave it at that
I love you, you've got this
-29 year old Sara
Thanks for joining me in this period of reflection. I hope there was a golden nugget or two in there that helped you. I love you too, and you've got this